BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 8, 2010

Helpless

Last night was so bipolar. I got to talk to a friend I hadn't spoken to since at least 1999, it was wonderful catching up with her! I'm looking forward to calling her again today.

However as sooon as I hung up the phone and hopped on facebook before heading to bed my sister popped up and asked if I was around still. She ended up calling me and telling me that things had gotten bad between her and her hubby, he told her he wasn't in love with her anymore and she gave him back her wedding rings. We both know that it's more than that though. He's giving up because of much more than her.

Of course this is one of those reasons I hate living so far away. My sister does not cry. She does not call, reach out, ask for help. So for her to do any of this...it's bad. I feel that she needs me and I can't be there for her.

Ian and I have been saving up Air Miles for a very long time now, waiting until we got enough packed away that we could go somewhere a little tropical. It seems this may be the only way I'm able to go home. The only problem is I won't be able to fly out until at least the 25th as I've got the next two weekends booked up with work, and Air Miles wants at least 7 day advance booking. So I'm waiting, very impatiently, to hear from my sis. If she doesn't want me there, then there's no point in going. If she needs me now, is 20 days too late?

I hate this waiting game.

4 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh man! Divorce sucks! Just do the best you can and I am sure she will understand. Being there even if it's only on the phone will mean more than you will ever know. Sometimes an ear that will listen is the best thing. Hope everything gets better for her!

F. McButter Pants said...

I hate living so far from my sisters as well.

Let us know!

Julia said...

Ugh this sucks. I am so sorry for you and your sister. I am sure that she wants your help. I mean she did call you. Perhaps it will be good for you to get together, even if it is in 20 days. If things are really bad she will need all the support she can get for a very long time.

I hope this all works out in the end! Please keep us updated.

Julia
http://jewliagoulia.blogspot.com

Valerie Roberson said...

I am 700 miles away from sister-it completely sucks it :(

For what its worth, I would think better late than never. Even though she doesn't reach out, I'm sure she would still want you there.

Hope everything works out-and thanks for your comment-I appreciate it :)