BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, March 6, 2009

Swimsuit...dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuun

I'm going to have to skip my weekly post tomorrow as I'll be out of town for a wedding (woohoo!). I was told to print out a blog of why marriages fail and hand it out to the guests, I think I'll skip that, but I was sorely tempted. But with the out of town wedding comes a hotel stay, with pool access. I'd made a swim date with my sister in law and nephew and had completely forgotten about it until recently.

It's been some time since I've been swimming, but I'm pretty sure my last swimsuit was like a 20/22 or something close to it, possibly bigger. Don't know, don't know that I really care to double check. However, I do know that I've lost quite a bit of weight since I last wore that suit. My husband did something that I wasn't expecting, or even hoping for, he MADE me go buy a new swimsuit. We don't really have the money for it right now, but he told me that I'd worked really hard to get where I am and that I deserve to have a suit that I like, and that fits properly.

Most people would find that really sweet, and it is, in theory. However I don't like swimsuits, and I hate trying on clothes in general. I know I should be happy doing it because I can see in the sizes how much I've lost...but I still look in the mirror and cringe. I wonder if that fear and hatred of shopping for clothing will change once I hit and maintain my goal? I hope so. I know I sure love shopping for shoes and purses!

ANYWAY! This meant I had to drive around the city to multiple stores before I could find something I liked. And something that fit. And those two don't always coincide. More often than not that's just the way it is.

A hundred and sixty dollars later and I left almost happy with one of the nicest suits I've ever owned. I'll drop a pic of it on here. What made me uber happy though....it's a size 16. The first bikini I ever owned was a size 16...and I think I turned 16 the year I got it. I'm ecstatic. Really. I mean...my legs still scream "Woohoo Cellulite!", my thighs are still jiggly and disgusting, but I don't care. I have a swimsuit that fits...in a size 16. And it's super cute. A little skirt type bottom (really short skirt type), and a bandeau/tankini style top. I love it.

Did I mention it's a size 16?

PS: I'll drop on for a moment tomorrow morning before I leave and post my loss for the week. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

M said...

YAY!! Congrats on your new swimsuit :)

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

~blush~ Why thank you! :)

butterfly said...

Your husband is extremely thoughtful!

I wonder the exact same thing re: shopping for clothes. Going from a size 20 down to a 12 would make you think that I'd be just thrilled, but somehow I'm extra self-conscious now. For some reason, I cared less when I was bigger.

Continue on your "The first bikini I ever owned was a size 16...and I think I turned 16 the year I got it. I'm ecstatic" mindset. This is how you're supposed to feel =) Be proud of your new bod and applaud yourself on what you've done =).

Have fun at the weddiing!

wildfluffysheep said...

Woohoo to the size size sixteen suit. Had my own problems with a swim suit last week so its good to hear a positive story!!

I can totally relate to the shopping thing. I've never liked it. Maybe it will change when I can actually fit in to nice stuff.

Have fun at the wedding and swimming too!

Carlos said...

sounds like a great suit! and your husband sounds very thoughtful