BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Meh...

Up 1.8 this week....meh. It's better than I thought it would be, far better even. Especially when I'd peek at the scale earlier in the week and see 3-4 lb gains. I'm kind of enjoying my two days off from working out, but really kind of missing the movement too! I'm looking forward to popping in my strip to fit vid tomorrow and working my ass off hardcore! I hope to see a 3 lb loss this week, to cover what I gained and then some. I feel like I only really lose weight 2 weeks out of 4. One week is PMS....water retention and a complete lack of self control (I know I have to get it under control one day!). The next week is making up the ground I lost during PMS week. Le sigh.




Yesterday was my son's fifth birthday party (his actual birthday is tomorrow). I can't believe he's growing up so quickly! He'll start school this fall and I am just terrified. Six year olds are now pushing drugs, well in my neighborhood anyway, and in general....kids are fucking mean. My son was blessed with his daddy's metabolism and body structure. Tall and strong and of course lean. I, however, remember wanting to curl up and die every day because of the evil kids around me. I don't want my son to ever know that. I don't want him to know how much it hurts. I also don't want him to be someone that inflicts that kind of pain. I need to start talking to him now about so so many things.




Sorry this blog is going to be short and not necessarily sweet....my mind is kind of all over the place. Oh, before I run though...I had to bake a cake for my son. At first he was saying ice cream cake, then the night before he wanted a regular chocolate cake with spiderman. I've baked cakes before, round cakes even, this should be no problem right? Ha! I've only owned one of the big rectangular cake pans so I bought myself a round one. Looked at the back of the cake mix box and saw that both round cake options were two of. Here I'm thinking....why the fuck do I need to make two? I don't want to layer that shit....fuck it....one big fat round cake coming up!




Twenty-nine minutes later I discovered why I can't get away with making one big fat round cake. I tried pulling it out to check the center and the bastard jiggled. A fucking lot. Like Homer Simpson's belly. Okay shit, so what do I do? I turned down the heat and let it cook for another 20 minutes...more solid when I pulled it out this time but still kind of thick puddingy in the center...back in the oven for another 15. And finally we're done! The cake actually didn't turn out bad at all. But hey, now I know to invest in another round cake pan. Fucking round cakes.

5 comments:

wildfluffysheep said...

It is good you're not super negative about your gain. Even when I know its my fault I Get all petulant about it.

Strip to fit? that sounds ominous, missus!

The cake looks awesome btw. *jealous* lol @homer simpsons belly...

M said...

Excuse me but you MADE that?! Holy crap! That looks FANTASTIC AND DELICIOUS! My birthday is coming up...so...hintedy hint hint.

Dina said...

You'll get your gain back off.

The cake turned out great! I'm impressed with the Spiderman!

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

awww thanks for all the encouragement and stuff. The cake did turn out great!

My hubby did the spiderman though, I can't take credit for it....he's uber talented. Did a pooh bear for my son's first birthday...it was amazing!

Wendy Lou said...

Love the cake!!!